For the first time since 2004 (and maybe the second time ever?), Jon Stewart went on the Bill O'Reilly Factor to talk about serious matters like politics. By most accounts, Stewart's appearance is a knockout in his favor. He cuts to the chase of the matter, accusing O'Reilly's network of being a "cyclonic perpetual emotional machine" that has "taken reasonable concerns about this president and this economy and turned it into full-fledged panic attack about the next coming of Chairman Mao." Ouch. But don't think that Bill O'Reilly didn't fight back valiantly.
[jump] He brought out his trusty index finger, and did what he does best.
[video of O'Reilly pointing aggressively at Jon Stewart and Stewart saying "whoa, you've got like Ali's reach"]
[note: I don't know how Adam Raymond gets clips from the night's shows, but I would take this one from Gawker/wherever I could find it. It's the second one from the bottom and the clip I'm talking about above comes in around 00:20: http://gawker.com/5463782/jon-stewart-vs-bill-oreilly-round-one?utm_source=feedburner&utm_medium=feed&utm_campaign=Feed%3A+gawker%2Ffull+%28Gawker%29&utm_content=Google+Reader]
[2nd note: I also would've been less of a Gawker copycat and picked out a phrase of Stewart's which appealed to me as the best takedown instead of just copying their quote but my internet was acting up and videos were pretty much unwatchable. The roommates and I have resolved to call Time Warner to correct this unacceptable lapse.]
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment